The Liebster Award was created by bloggers, for bloggers. It is an award that gets passed from person to person to encourage writers and help to spread blogs to other users, helping each other get connected!
Being an extremely new blog, this is the first time I have been nominated to participate in an award like this, so I would like to give many many many thanks to Wonderful Words 101 who nominated me to participate! I am so touched that you thought of me to promote and connect with!
- Thank the person who nominated you (done) and answer the 11 questions they’ve written for you.
- Nominate 11 people and give them 11 different questions to answer.
Questions by Wonderful Words 101:
- If you can only read one book in your lifetime, what would it be?
I have been asked a similar question to this before, and so have had to think about my answer previously. At that time, I chose The Beach by Alex Garland, which at this present moment, and for the past two years or so, is my favourite book (just yesterday I wrote a book review about, which can be found here).
- What is your favourite genre in a novel?
I think everyone goes through stages where certain genres are more enjoyable to read, so this can change for me. Though, I think the genre that I find extremely enjoyable to read most consistently is romance. If a book can get me right in the “feels” I usually rate it pretty highly.
- Have you ever “forgotten” in finishing a book after taking a break from it?
Definitely. Most of the time, if I leave a book for a while and forget about it, it’s because it just wasn’t really doing much for me. If it occurred because of being too busy, I will always come back to it and start from the beginning later on.
- Do you prefer classic literature or temporary literature?
Classics! The Classics section of a bookstore is the very first place I head to. I absolutely love love love finding and reading classics. I get such a unique feeling when I read classics, and feel like there is something really special about them.
- If you can change one major event in any fiction novel, which book would it be, and which event?
I have wracked my brain but I cannot even think to come up with an answer for this one! I enjoy the journey that each book takes me on and all of the emotions I experience from the path that was taken.
- What book possesses the highest amount of language difficulty for you to read?
If I’m honest, at the time I was first reading Jane Eyre (the first classic novel I read), I found myself constantly having to Google definitions for a lot of the words used, as the older English language used in the book is not commonly spoken nowadays and I had never heard a lot of them before.
- If you were to have one wish granted, what would it be? (wishing for multiple wishes is prohibited)
To have a house with a large library and a glorious selection of hardback books on the bookshelf.
- Would you rather be a CEO of a major company or a famous writer?
A famous writer. I would never want to handle so much responsibility as a whole company, though I would love to inspire and bring enjoyment to others through my writing.
- Who is your favorite villain/antagonist from a book or movie?
Humbert from Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov. I thouroughly enjoyed reading from his perspective. Although he is not writing as the “villain” in the book, he takes the role of a villain in society.
- Who is your least favorite hero/protagonist from a book or movie?
Jay Gatsby, who is viewed as the hero by a lot of characters in The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzerald. I found myself getting repeatedly frustrated at the ideals portrayed throughout the novel by the opinions held by the males.
- Choose one: infinite money or immortality? and why?
Honestly, infinite money. Not because I care about materialistic things or want everything given to me in life, but I do not want to live forever. I would rather live for the present and make the most of the years I am given, instead of being stuck in this world forever.
I don’t mean to break the rules, but I currently don’t actually have 11 people that I am following yet as I am so new and haven’t spent much time exploring the site completely yet. Though, I have a few blogs that I can nominate:
- Do you find yourself judging books by their cover, or do you make a conscious effort not to?
- Do you prefer to read short-stories or long novels?
- What’s the best coming-of-age book you have read?
- Do you prefer hardbacks or paperbacks (or does it not phase you)?
- If you were to write your own novel, what would be the main themes featured?
- What if your favourite movie that was an adaptation of a book?
- If you could be any character from a novel, who would you be?
- Is there a certain time of the day, or place, that you prefer to read a book?
- Are you a cat or a dog person? Why?
- Are there any books that you found helped you to stay strong, or gave you solace, at one point?
- Are you interested in graphic novels?